Wndows Phone Calendar and daylight saving - why is there a problem after 3 years? RRS feed

• Question

• I use Windows 7 and outlook on my computer, Windows Phone version

8.10.14226.359I live in Melbourne, Australia. Standard time UTC+10, DST UTC+11.  When there is a change from standard to DST, or vice versa, the calendar entries on my phone are completely messed up and cannot be changes on the phone, unless the alarm is set to one hour different from the actual time.  For example, I set a reminder for 8:30pm during DST. When time is back to standard time, that reminder happens at 7:30pm, even when I edit the entry and set it to another time and finally back to 8:30pm.

The phone synchronises with the computer.  When I look at the reminder entries on the calendar, those ones set on the phone are set based on West Pacific Time.  So, my 8:30pm reminder is set at 2:30am Pacific Time.  This seems unbelievable.  The phone knows which time zone it is in and adjusts automatically to DST changes.    The DST problem is still there, years after the problem was listed.  Is there some programmer somewhere in Microsoft, who has never ventured out of Seattle and is jealously guarding his code?  The reminders set on the computer are based on local time and work perfectly through standard and DST times and these one work properly on the phone, but I don't want to set reminders on the computer - they are meant for the phone.

Tim

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:24 AM