Use PS to export/import FSRM file group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am regularly updating a File Server Resource Manager file group. I need to copy this group to other servers.

At present, I manually input file masks then use the filescrn command from the 'source' server:
    filescrn filegroup export /file:d:\1\group1.xml /filegroup:groupname

and import that to the other servers
    filescrn fielgroup import /file:d:\1\group1.xml

However, when I run it a notification is displayed saying the command is deprecated and it may not be available in future editions. It says that Powershell should be used instead.

This is fine, but I am having a problem finding an equivalent PS cmdlet in the FSRM module (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powershell/module/?term=fsrm).

It is likely that I 'can't see for looking' so would like to ask if PS equivalents are available.

Thank you.

Mark

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the reference. But, I don't see anything relating to the export/import of file groups?
    Monday, September 30, 2019 7:23 PM
  • Thanks.

All this does is 'get' (limited) information about a filegroup.

I think the best way forward for me is to create a batch file that will remove the filegroup from the server, and then create a new filegroup

remove-fsrmfilegroup ****
    new-fsrmfilegroup ****

I can update the batch file with the new extension masks as needed.

Thank you for the help.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 1:40 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Not yet. I have limited time to work on this so will fully flesh it out in the near future. Once I have a working batch file that removes the existing group and replaces it I'll post. It would be simpler if we could add extensions to a group.
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:00 AM
  • You can - just read the help for the CmdLets and you wil find complete examples.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:14 PM