none
Exchange 2007 SP3 - Calandar issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Scenario 1:
    =========

I have a user who was sent a Meeting Request and is currently sitting in his inbox untouched. (Not accepted or declined) – However the meeting request is not showing up in his calendar. By default there should be a calendar item showing as tentative.

I have checked the logs on the Exchange server and I can see the following event.

Event ID: 8263 – Source: EXCDO

“The recurring appointment expansion in mailbox “User Mailbox” has taken too long. Some recurring appointment instances may not be visible at this time.”

Scenario 2:
    =========

A mailbox delegate has sent a meeting request on behalf of the Mailbox owner, and now one of the recipitants is displayed as the Meeting Organiser and none of the other Recipients can accept or decline the meeting request.

I am unable to see anything in the event logs for this particular event however I am seeing a number of EXCDO errors in the event log.

Event ID: 8264 – Source EXCDO

“The recurring appointment expansion in mailbox user.user@domain.co.nz has taken too long. The free/busy information for this calendar may be inaccurate. This may be the result of many very old recurring appointments. To correct this, please remove them or change their start date to a more recent date.”

Event ID: 8206 – Source EXCDO

“Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x8004010f while saving appointment.”

Event ID: 8217 – Source EXCDO

“The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Check Timesheet Approved" in mailbox: User failed with error code 0x80040900.”

Event ID: 8230 – Source EXCDO

“An inconsistency was detected in user.user@domain.co.nz: /Calendar/Grouting QA %%26 Upcoming Raft Fdns.EML.  The calendar is being repaired.  If a problem persists, please recreate the calendar or the containing mailbox.”

I am seeing hundreds of these events on a daily basis for many mailboxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hello,

How about checking the meeting request in OWA?

RUn the following command to republish the Free/busy information:

Outlook /cleanfreebusy

Thanks,
    Simon

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How about checking the meeting request in OWA?

RUn the following command to republish the Free/busy information:

Outlook /cleanfreebusy

Thanks,
    Simon

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Hello,

Is there any update on this thread?

Thanks,

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2011 1:35 AM
  • Hi Simon,

I have run the CleanFreeBusy switch on the users Mailboxes and it seems to have addressed the orognal problem, however I am still seeing hundreds of EXCDO errors.

“The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Check Timesheet Approved" in mailbox: User failed with error code 0x80040900.”

Monday, December 5, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Hello,

The error code “0x80040900” means “ecExpBadStrToken”. It seems this reoccurring meeting is corrupted. Please delete and recreate it and see if the error event disappears.

Thanks,

Simon Wu

Exchange Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:03 AM