DPM skipped cloud backup for Volume X because the latest disk backup is already backed up to cloud (ID 33344) RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error message on all drives of my files Server. If I check backup Monitoring I see following

Affected area: H:\
    Occurred since: 5/11/2015 12:19:38 AM
    Description: Online recovery point creation jobs for Volume H:\ on ZUEW-FS01.mf.ch have failed 1 times. (ID 3188)
     DPM skipped cloud backup for Volume H:\ on ZUEW-FS01.mf.ch because the latest disk backup is already backed up to cloud. (ID 33344)
     More information
    Recommended action: Run cloud recovery point job again...
    Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate

I can't find anything  ID for ID3188 and ID 33344. Backup to local storage failed also but I see no error message for this.

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check Drive H: and your local backup target for free space - see if there are enough space for storing local backup, as well as creating more shadow copy.

I searched for this error and lacking of free space could be the cause. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What error message to you get when you try to create a Recovery Point to your local storage?

Are you able to succesfully run a Consistency Check on the files servers?

Kind Regards
    Markus

Monday, May 11, 2015 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

You must have online backups scheduled for multiple time, but don't have a D2D recovery point scheduled in between, OR the D2D based recovery point failed sometime after the online recovery point was made, so online cannot make a new one.

The easiest way to diagnose is to make a custom filter under monitoring and only select "Recovery Point" and "Online Recovery Point" for the data source in question, then group by "computer" and it will show the chronological order of the jobs so you can see why it failed. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:13 PM
  • hello Markus

I get no error message if I create a Recovery Point to my  local storage. I am able to succesfully run a Consistency Check on the files Servers.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:05 PM
  • Hi,

Please check Drive H: and your local backup target for free space - see if there are enough space for storing local backup, as well as creating more shadow copy.

I searched for this error and lacking of free space could be the cause. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:33 AM