none
Windows Xp IExplorer 8(latest updated browser possible, automatic Windows updates daily) no longer uses my initial page browser settings and does not retain me as signed in when going to pages such as this RRS feed

• Question

• : Why does Windows live Xp  Internet Explorer 8 now ignore my msn startup established page settings without need to sign in/log in every time.  IE 8 logs onto msn generic site, even after I have signed in on this generic site, checked keep me signed in box, and under Tools indicate my personal start page is page for starting.  Usually this meant until this week, that I could open the home sight without signing in each time I login.. Nothing keeps me signed in on Explorer 8, even this webpage when I asked my question

I have done a fulL Malware anti Malware scan and Microsoft Security  Essentials scans on daily schedules. Trojan items were located and removed.  Under Tools Internet Options I have placed my default page, unchecked and not used delete of history or cookies I have set in private filtering sessions, Pop up blocker settings made, In SmartScren filter on.  It seems my cookies are not retained, to enter familiar sights without logging in or asked to log in as if I am using a new computer. My sign in to windows help pages is not retained from one help page to another. 

Any possible answers would be appreciated to make my system work the same as it did last week.

Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:38 AM

Answers

• Please see: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    5. Reboot and Test.

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Here I go again. I replied to you email, pressed your higlighted thread to this page before send, which resulted in the reply disappearing to heaven.  Similarly, I replied in this box, pressed item to mark question as answered, and this box reply became empty and unretrievable to submit. wanky.  Here it is again:

Thank you very much for your rapid response to my problem/question.  It worked at least as of these last two days.   osoft Safety Scanner, Rebooting (4) Window in Safe Mode (using F keyboard) and running full scane with my Malewarebytes.  One item was noted and removed, apparently not removed in my previous full scanning and removal with Malewarebytes and Security essentials.  I note now that going to IE home page, there no longer exists a suffix attachment (=/lang.......etc) following MyMsn. I am kept logged in even to pages in the forums.

I appreciated you rapid response, particularly with a days frustration getting to ask the question, after searching answers in topic for IE8,9,10,11 which dealt with 6000 topics mostly for 9,10,11 seldom IE8 and being logged off pages when pressing submit, resulting in blanking this box and requests to sign in.  I don't know why what magic you recommended worked. I am keeping your reply procedures in print and on my computor for future reference.  Thank you. Now I will press submit, then area indication the questions is answered.

• Marked as answer by novad2 Friday, November 8, 2013 9:18 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 9:18 PM

All replies

• Please see: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If still no joy...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    5. Reboot and Test.

Best of Luck,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    My MVP Profile

Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Here I go again. I replied to you email, pressed your higlighted thread to this page before send, which resulted in the reply disappearing to heaven.  Similarly, I replied in this box, pressed item to mark question as answered, and this box reply became empty and unretrievable to submit. wanky.  Here it is again:

Thank you very much for your rapid response to my problem/question.  It worked at least as of these last two days.   osoft Safety Scanner, Rebooting (4) Window in Safe Mode (using F keyboard) and running full scane with my Malewarebytes.  One item was noted and removed, apparently not removed in my previous full scanning and removal with Malewarebytes and Security essentials.  I note now that going to IE home page, there no longer exists a suffix attachment (=/lang.......etc) following MyMsn. I am kept logged in even to pages in the forums.

I appreciated you rapid response, particularly with a days frustration getting to ask the question, after searching answers in topic for IE8,9,10,11 which dealt with 6000 topics mostly for 9,10,11 seldom IE8 and being logged off pages when pressing submit, resulting in blanking this box and requests to sign in.  I don't know why what magic you recommended worked. I am keeping your reply procedures in print and on my computor for future reference.  Thank you. Now I will press submit, then area indication the questions is answered.

• Marked as answer by novad2 Friday, November 8, 2013 9:18 PM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 9:18 PM
  • Excellent.

You're welcome & Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    My MVP Profile

Saturday, November 9, 2013 5:55 AM