none
PCNSSVC error events 7000 and 6037, both with "not enough storage" RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

we have got error events 7000 and 6037 from PCNS. Each time a bundle of 3x event 7000 and one 6037 error. All of them include the message text "Not enough storage is available to process this command".

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        PCNSSVC
    Date:          10.09.2013 08:16:23
    Event ID:      7000
    Task Category: (3)
    Level:         Error
    Description:
    An unexpected error occurred. queue.cpp (6578): Not enough storage is available to process this command.

In the other events 7000 the source code file is slightly different, all the other data of the 7000-events are identical:
    service.cpp (2291)
    queue.cpp (4374)

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        PCNSSVC
    Date:          10.09.2013 08:16:23
    Event ID:      6037
    Task Category: (4)
    Level:         Error
    Description:
    An error occurred processing a password change notification received from Active Directory. The notification was discarded by the Password Change Notification Service.
    User: <domain>\<samAccountName>
    service.cpp (2330): Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Our domain controllers are running Server 2008 R2 SP1.  PCNSFilt.dll has version 3.3.118.0

Never saw this before. Should I just restart the server and "forget it" or is it sort of critical? I know that PCNS v4.1 can be downloaded, but as I was told with  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4edc1d18-a2aa-4681-ae85-107364598d38/pcns-releases-release-notes-what-has-changed  I shouldnt update without a reason.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Walter

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Walter,

never saw an error like this before, from the eventlog sound like a buffer or queue has become full, so maybe a restart could help. Then check if that error comes back after some time.

If this is the case, then maybe you have your reason to upgrade.

All other diags i found on the net with this EventID does have a permisson reason, but i dont think this is the problem in this case.

Regards

Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - http://www.doeres.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Yes, Peter, thank you.

I'll restart the server and have an eye on it.

I'd love to mark your reply as answer, but such a link is not offered. :-((

Regards

Walter

• Edited by WalterFMB Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:59 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:57 PM
  • We have determined that this has to do with Token Bloat.  When our user tried to login from a Windows 7 Computer they got the error "During a logon attempt, the user's security context accumulated to many security IDs."  Our user was a member of 1014 security groups.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:36 PM