SCVMM Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SCOM 2007 R2 and also we are having System Centre Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 server.

I have installed latest management pack for the SCVMM but i am not able to view anythings relates SCVMM in the moniotring tab but health of server is showing as 'Healthy'.

Right hand side in the Monitoring tab and there is folder called 'virtual machine manager 2008', in this folder like 'Agent state,database state,management group state, virtual machine state' all the folder are showing nothing. If i right click the properties of the 'Virtual Machine state' group iam seeing an error like 'criteria can not be configured for this abstract type'.

I want to utlize the SCVMM in SCOM server properly what i need do? Please help me.

Monday, May 10, 2010 1:26 PM

Answers

• The most basic thing you need to do is go into VMM Admin settings and set your OpsMgr server -- VMM then reaches out and populates stuff in OpsMgr.

Full instructions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956099.aspx

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:42 AM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:26 PM

All replies

• did you read and follow the instructions in the guide?  With SCVMM, you need to install the Mp per instructions provided for doing SCVMM and SCOM integration, and will not be successful if you have just downloaded or obtained the MP some other way

Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, May 10, 2010 2:42 PM
  • Thank you.

I thought same as other management packs that is reason I just imported the management pack, not read the instructions. How to intergate it and please could you provide me correct link for instructions.

Monday, May 10, 2010 2:53 PM
  • The most basic thing you need to do is go into VMM Admin settings and set your OpsMgr server -- VMM then reaches out and populates stuff in OpsMgr.

Full instructions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956099.aspx

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:42 AM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 5:26 PM