Sharing calendar option only available to the creator.. Not other owners. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. I've been looking forever for a solution. Can't seem to find it. I'll make it pretty simple.

We needed a group calendar for our department. About 50 people. My solution was to create a shared calendar, and assign permissions. Everything works great. Only management (and me) are able to delete or modify entries. The individual associates are able to create/modify/delete only their entries. Perfect. Exactly what we wanted. But the sharing option is only available to me regardless of who I assign as an owner. Is this a limitation of the shared calendar? I know it creates the actual calendar under my profile, but MGMT would like to have the option to share this calendar with new hires etc. They don't really want me to have that option. Any suggestions?

Friday, March 23, 2018 11:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that users want to share the shared Calendar to others? Do you share your Calendar to the group?

According to my research and test, I'm afraid that there is no built-in option in Outlook to realize this. The share Calendar option seems to be only available for the calendar owner.

>>but MGMT would like to have the option to share this calendar with new hires etc. They don't really want me to have that option.

From the description, it seems that MGMT need the share-calendar function. If possible, you could re-create a new shared calendar from MGMT's account.

If you have more concern about this function, you could also submit a feedback to our team via File > Feedback.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 3:24 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:20 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2018 3:23 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check whether my reply helps.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:39 AM