none
Use the teamplanner in a proper way RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In the company I am working, we are using ms project professional. Actually we are using a central file on a server.
    Now I want to make our working methode global with a ms project server.

My problem is, that cant use the team planner feature in ms project server.
    Is there any way to install this feature to the pwa?

How can I use the team planner in ms project professional, connected to my ms project server, to see and assign all ressources? Now I have only access to the resources that are assigned to the projects I have opened and not to all other ressources.

thanks for your help,
    jakob

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:47 PM

Answers

• Jakob,

Team Planner is a feature in the desktop version of MS project, and is not available at a server level. If you want to yuse this feature while connected to the server, you would still open the projects that you need to manipulate, with the "Load Summary Assignments" box checked while opening MS project.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by Jakob757 Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:28 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Jakob,

Team Planner is a feature in the desktop version of MS project, and is not available at a server level. If you want to yuse this feature while connected to the server, you would still open the projects that you need to manipulate, with the "Load Summary Assignments" box checked while opening MS project.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

• Marked as answer by Jakob757 Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:28 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Thanks for your answer,

but is there any way to manipulate all projects that are listed in the pwa?
    Now I tried my best by creating a master project and assigning all projects to that master project. That works more or less fine, I can now open all projects at once and see them in the gantt view, but only when I open a project (press on the little arrow, to see all operations), I can see the ressources/people in the teamplanner that are assigned to the project.

Is there any way to open all projects at once?

Thanks,

Jakob

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:39 AM