Outlook 2016 Windows 10 error "Task internet calendar subscriptions reported error 0x00042000 invalid line "x" skipped" ics Google calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Operating on Windows 10, Outlook 2016 is having trouble syncing with Google calendar and displaying error message "task internet calendar subscriptions reported error 0x00042000 invalid content line "x" skipped".

After pouring over both Google and Microsoft forums, getting nowhere with phone support with both Google and Microsoft, I have yet to find a solution.  

I have followed these recommendations and not had any resolution: 

1. Deleted Google calendars, added calendars as new, closed outlook, and restarted laptop. not fixed
    2. Ran "outlook /cleansharing", closed Outlook, re-started, and re-subscribed to Google calendar. not fixed.
    3. Exported Google calendar, converted .ics to a .txt file
      1. searched for "Created:0" with corrupt date (no corrupt dates found)
      2. deleted any events that had more than one notification/reminder
      3. deleted duplicate events, and deleted all day events.  no success.
      4. Removed reminders from multiple day events in Google calendar
      5. Removed reminders of repeat appointments

The only result of all this effort has been to get the same error message and a different line item.  Although it appeared the line item was fixed, the "fixed" line item would re-appear as skipped later on. (examples of errors below)

Note: At one point, the calendars synced without an issue. Outlook does have app permission and the firewall is not an issue.  All steps in the Microsoft support document titled "Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10" have been completed.   

If anyone can please provide assistance with repairing this issue, I'd be very grateful!

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Kat,

How do you sync the Google calendar? Does this issue happen only when you sync this specific calendar? Please confirm if other users can sync this specific calendar in Outlook successfully. If other users encounter the same issue when sync this Calendar to Outlook, the issue may be related to this specific calendar.

Besides, please refer to the suggestions in this thread and see if they will be helpful.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:12 AM
  • Hi Kat,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:56 AM