Windows 7 photo printing crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I hope this is the correct forum.

We recently purchased brand new Windows 7 64bit machines for our school. We have some more from a few months ago also. I am unable to print pictures to our networked Kyocera 5100 dn using the photo print function. Each time the window shows up, I select the pictures, select the size and as soon as I press print, Windows Explorer crashes. I have updated the printer drivers to the latest version, I have performed startup repair (although pointless I figured but still) like some other sites have suggested and several other suggestions but to no avail. I am the IT tech for the school but I cannot figure this one. The teachers need to be able to print for displays and everything. I am able to print using other programs but not the photo viewer. I have contacted Kyocera aswell and they say it is a Windows fault. Is there some sort of fix available yet? 

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, it seems a driver issue. Please try to update the printer driver to latest version for a test.

Also, you may boot the computer in Clean Boot Mode to determine whether the 3rd party software cause this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, October 7, 2011 2:46 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:08 AM

All replies

• Try downloading Picassa or Windows Live Photo Gallery and printing from there.

Jerry

Friday, September 16, 2011 11:42 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it seems a driver issue. Please try to update the printer driver to latest version for a test.

Also, you may boot the computer in Clean Boot Mode to determine whether the 3rd party software cause this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, October 7, 2011 2:46 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:08 AM