Removing attributes from AD Connector Space RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to update a sync rule to remove an attribute flow from FIM to AD.  The sync rule has run previously so the AD CS and AD attributes are populated.   However, removing the flow in the SR and then running FIFS on the FIM Service MA does not remove the attribute from the CS and AD, I guess because there was nothing to fire the sync rule again?

Is there a quick and easy way to remove the attribute from the AD CS and AD?

Rob

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 1:07 PM

Answers

• How about clearing the attribute directly in AD DS by using a script?
    This might be the fastest method...

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

• Marked as answer by rob_wood Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:34 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hmm.. this isn't as easy as I thought.. too bad FIM MA won't let you do advanced flow rules, or this would be easy..

My first try would be to flow in the attribute from another MA and write a custom rule that would clear the attribute value, and make sure you're allowing export null on your outbound flow to AD.

Frank C. Drewes III - Senior Consultant: Oxford Computer Group

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:48 PM
  • How about clearing the attribute directly in AD DS by using a script?
    This might be the fastest method...

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

• Marked as answer by rob_wood Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:34 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Would something need to be done so that whatever value is in the MV doesn't get re-exported? Or just remove the AD outbound flow too (which I'm not sure if the OP did already)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Thanks for the replies

After much fiddling and trial and error we went with deleting the attribute by script in AD and Full Import (Stage Only) on the ADMA (incidentally before Markus had answered!).  There's no flow from FIM to MV of this attribute, it's been removed from the SRs and now all is well.  Markus' reply will be marked as the Answer :-)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:33 PM
  • oh yes - much easier.. glad that worked out

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:48 PM