Where to purchase digital certificates for Excel VBA project? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know on where to purchase digital certificates for Excel VBA project

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi oemMicrosoft,

Digital certificates are typically issued by a certificate authority (CA), which is a trusted third-party entity that issues digital certificates for use by other parties.

There are many commercial third-party certificate authorities from which you can either purchase a digital certificate or obtain a free digital certificate. Many institutions, governments, and corporations can also issue their own certificates.

The following article includes a list of Microsoft trusted three-party certificates:

List of Participants - Microsoft Trusted Root Program

For more information:

Find digital ID or digital signature services

Obtain a digital certificate and create a digital signature

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:19 AM
  • I would like to know on where to obtain a free digital certificate.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Thursday, March 12, 2020 5:44 AM
  • Hi OemMicrosoft,

Sorry, according to our policy, we only provide support for official Microsoft Office products, we can't recommend third-party products or services for you.

I can only recommend that you look up in the list of third-party certificates trusted by Microsoft.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Thursday, March 12, 2020 5:55 AM
  • I find a CA, which offer e-cert, but there is a lot of problem issued needed to be handled with installing e-cert, and still discuss with them at this present moment.  Do Microsoft provide CA service directly with their products? so I don't need to shop around the market.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Friday, March 13, 2020 10:04 AM
  • Hi OemMicrosoft,

I'm sorry, I have to apologize to you again.

We still can't provide you with this information.

If you think my previous replies were helpful to you, remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Monday, March 16, 2020 1:39 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Itch Sun

Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:24 AM
  • This issue is still not solved yet ...

I need more time to search for solution.

Thanks, to everyone very much for suggestions (^v^)

Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:48 AM
  • Hi Oem,

I'm sorry, I can't give you any help on this issue....

If you make new progress, you can post the reply here and mark your reply as the answer. 

Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Looking forward to your good news.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, March 19, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Hi

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:40 AM
  • when I insert p12 e-cert into Excel 2003 with macro under Windows 7, close it and re-open it, trusted distributor cannot be selected and macro cannot be enable at all.

Do you have any suggestions on what wrong the installation is for e-cert under windows 7?

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:11 PM
  • Hi Oem,

Apologize again. As I said before, I can't give you any advice on this.

In addition, as the second question is a new one, I would suggest you post it in a new thread, it would make others easier to focus on one question in one single thread and it will benefit other community members who stuck with the same question. 

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. 

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, March 26, 2020 5:44 AM