Can't get cell phone to link to PC via bluetooth RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with their 355 Bluetooth Module.
    My cell phone is a Motorola W755.
    I can't establish a link even though I think I have the latest drivers.
    Has anyone made this work?
    Friday, March 6, 2009 11:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

May I know if the connection has ever worked before?

At this time, let’s try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Confirm that the Bluetooth device and the phone can work together. If you have no detail information, you can contact Dell and Motorola for help.

2.    Ensure that the driver for the Bluetooth device is up-to-date. (After searching on Dell’s site, I get this and please try it.)

Please also check the Motorola W755’s driver if it has.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

3.    Please setup the connection referring to the user’s guide of the phone again to see if it works.

Since we are not familiar with the Motorola W755, if you need further help on the operation, it is recommended that you contact Motorola for support.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

4.    I also noticed that Motorola has a tool for the phone, have you installed and configured it?

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:40 AM