Active Directory User and Computers - E-Mail Addresses tab (and others) missing on my Windows 7 Snap-In RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Remote Server Admin Tools pack on my Windows 7 system.  I have selected every option to install in the "Turn Windows Features on or off" section.

When I open up a User's property window I do not see the E-mail tab.  I would like to be able to add email addresses without having to log in to our AD Server.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  How would I get those other tabs added to allow me the same functionality as if I was on my AD Server?

Thursday, January 6, 2011 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on my expereince on Active Directory domain, the Email tabs are not built-in for user objects in ADUC.

This tab may be introduced by Exchange Server 2003 or earlier versions. This is why RSAT for Windows 7 doesn't have this tab. To control Exchange Server 2003 from Windows 7 side, you can consider to install Exchange Server administrative console, but this is not supported by Microsoft according to my knowledge on Exchange Server.

Besides, you can choose to remote desktop to the domain controller for the administrations, or use ADSI Edit / ADUC General tab to do the work. For more information on this, please consult with Exchange Server support or use our forums for Exchange Server.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:09 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:24 AM