IECTT compatibility with IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for the 'Internet Explorer Compatibility Test Tool' for an upcoming Windows 7 and 8.1 deployment using IE 11.  I can't seem to find this tool in ACT 6.  I can't seem to find any information on it either. Please advise.  Thanks

Monday, February 10, 2014 2:20 PM

Answers

• After further testing with the ACT tool - version 6.1 - I found the way that it works now (which is different to the way it worked in version 5.6) is as follows:

Within ACT 6.1, you need to create a 'Runtime Analysis Package' which is then installed on a test computer.  This package installs the application 'Microsoft Compatibility Monitor' on the test computer.  When you launch this tool, there will be a 'Start Monitoring' button.  When this is clicked, it will monitor your activity on the local computer.  You can then launch IE and enter in the URL's you need testing.  Compatibility information will then be sent back to ACT.

The only issue I have found with this process is that it only reports if there are issues with the web page, if a web page has no issues, it doesn't report anything, so it is impossible to confirm that it actually has captured each URL you have entered.  It would be nice if it reported every URL - even those that have passed.

If anyone else has had experience with this tool, I would like to hear their experience in testing web pages.

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

IE>F12>Emulation tab.

or

Telerik test for enterprise testing. I think MS has some Win8 compatibility wizards.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/springboard/archive/2014/01/22/announcing-windows-8-1-end-user-readiness-content.aspx

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by 暁北 Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:28 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 11:35 PM
  • Thank you for your response. I have looked at both the Emulation Tab and the link you provided, however I am unable to find a tool that will scan my intranet web-based apps to test for compatibility with IE 11.

The Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6, had IECTT as part of it's toolkit, however this version is not compatible with IE11.  According to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39982 (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 8.1), it states under the ACT paragraph that "You can also test your web applications and web sites for compatibility with new releases of Internet Explorer".  But I cannot find this tool in ACT 6.1 nor can I find any information!  I have contacted Microsoft about this and the three people I spoke to were also unable to assist and have referred me back to this site.

Regards,

Don

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:25 PM
  • After further testing with the ACT tool - version 6.1 - I found the way that it works now (which is different to the way it worked in version 5.6) is as follows:

Within ACT 6.1, you need to create a 'Runtime Analysis Package' which is then installed on a test computer.  This package installs the application 'Microsoft Compatibility Monitor' on the test computer.  When you launch this tool, there will be a 'Start Monitoring' button.  When this is clicked, it will monitor your activity on the local computer.  You can then launch IE and enter in the URL's you need testing.  Compatibility information will then be sent back to ACT.

The only issue I have found with this process is that it only reports if there are issues with the web page, if a web page has no issues, it doesn't report anything, so it is impossible to confirm that it actually has captured each URL you have entered.  It would be nice if it reported every URL - even those that have passed.

If anyone else has had experience with this tool, I would like to hear their experience in testing web pages.

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:36 PM