none
When I open my excel file with a date time picker 6.0 in other computers the DTP button does not work! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I wanted to put a drop-down calendar in a form sheet, so I install the date time picker 6.0 in my computer! Then I use de developer tool to install it in my excel file! The DTP woks perfectly in my PC, but this form sheet must be send and fill by other users in order to send it back to me, when they open my excel file in their computers, the date time picker appears as a image and not as a button so they can not use it. Is there any way to save the file in a version or format that they can use the DTP button or can a i change the code? I want that any person who open my file can use the drop-down calendar.

Thank u

• Edited by CECIMTZZ Friday, March 9, 2018 3:50 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi CECIMTZZ,

I've just checked it with two PCs. Excel 2016 (32-bit) is installed in them.
    (PC-1) I made an Excel book with a UserForm where DateTimePicker was added.
    (PC-2) I tried to open the file (made in PC-1).  It could be opened but an error dialog appeared.

(PC-2 is Japanese environment)
         The dialog says "Design mode cannot be finished, because 'DTPicker1' control is not created."

My conclusion:
      When we want to use DTPicker control, we need to add [Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control] in every PC that DTPicker will be used in.

Regards,

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

• Edited by Ashidacchi Friday, March 9, 2018 11:58 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ashidacchi Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:36 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2018 11:56 PM