Lost text formatting of Visio diagram in Performance Point. RRS feed

• Question

• When importing a Visio file into a strategy map in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, the original text formatting is lost. For example the text was black and had a font size 24 in Visio, However having been imported the text colour was automatically selected to be green and the font was resized to 8.  

I understand that auto-sizing of diagrams is a feature of PerformancePoint. However I do not understand why parts of the diagram retain the original text format whilst the rest has been auto-formatted?

How do I stop the Dashboard designer from auto-formatting the text in my diagram?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:11 AM

All replies

• Issue was resolved.

To create my diagram in Visio I used Crl D to create an identical copy of an existing shape so that all I needed to do, was change the text within the box. For some reason when imported into a Strategy map in the Dashboard designer all formatting was lost.

To resolve the issue, I went back to the original Visio file and used Format Painter to apply the same formatting from one of the original shapes to to all shapes created by Crl D. When imported to PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer, all formatting was retained.

I am not sure whether there is another way to resolve this, but its fine for now.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:42 AM