none
Deliver phase - where are functional specs defined? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am closely reviewing the Devlier Phase, Envision and project planning areas. The evision detailed process flow goes like this:

- Assign core members to the project team
    - Write the vision/scope document
    - Assess Risk *AND* Sign off the milestone review

In the chapter it mentions the functional specifications once, but never illustrates where this might fit in. Also, the team function for this area doesn't indicate who is responsible for the functional spec, and it isn't clear who it might default to - the Program Manager?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Kelly
    Friday, August 29, 2008 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Kelly,

I think that who is responsible for this function is the Product Manager. Like MOF docs talks:

"The primary team role type driving envisioning is Product Management, whose main goal is to ensure that the customer’s identified business needs are addressed."

"Product Manager acts as the customer advocate, helps drive shared project vision, manages customer expectations, sets overall goals, identifies customer needs, determines project requirements, and produces the vision/scope document."

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques
    MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    www.mof.com.br | www.clebermarques.com | www.clebermarques.com.br
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Kelly,

I think that who is responsible for this function is the Product Manager. Like MOF docs talks:

"The primary team role type driving envisioning is Product Management, whose main goal is to ensure that the customer’s identified business needs are addressed."

"Product Manager acts as the customer advocate, helps drive shared project vision, manages customer expectations, sets overall goals, identifies customer needs, determines project requirements, and produces the vision/scope document."

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Hi,

I’m marking this post as answered, if you need any help about MOF please open a new thread. J

Thank you,

Cleber Marques

Sunday, May 31, 2009 1:53 AM