none
Is there a way to ignore just a specific site's font sizes? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I need to use a site where the text font is tiny.

IE'S zoom in/out doesn't work, also the site doesn't let the user set the font size. the only work around I found is:

IN IE11 -> Accessibility -> Check "Ignore font sizes specified on webpages"

Only thing is - imposing a font size on certain websites make them less readable, surely you'd agree.

I was wondering if I can ignore just that site's font sizes, or maybe.. can I create two IE's settings and toggle between them when launching IE?

So to summarize: what I'm trying to achieve is ignoring just one site's font sizes, while respecting other sites' font sizes..any way or hint in the right direction would be appreciated..!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:50 AM

Answers

• any way or hint in the right direction would be appreciated..!

Probably you would need to devise a CSS override which somehow only affects one site.  Then your willingness to "toggle" would make it simpler because then you could just design your override without worrying about whether it would cause conflicts for other sites with other specifications under the same design pattern.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Arled3 Sunday, February 28, 2016 8:47 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Arled3,

Based on your description, since “Ignore font sizes specified on webpages” option will ignore the font size of all the websites.

I think it is impossible to ignore one special site’s font sizes by IE settings.

If you really want to change a special website’s font sizes, I’m afraid you need to modify the website’s codes. You could ask our MSDN forum for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:47 AM

All replies

• any way or hint in the right direction would be appreciated..!

Probably you would need to devise a CSS override which somehow only affects one site.  Then your willingness to "toggle" would make it simpler because then you could just design your override without worrying about whether it would cause conflicts for other sites with other specifications under the same design pattern.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, February 25, 2016 3:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Arled3,

Based on your description, since “Ignore font sizes specified on webpages” option will ignore the font size of all the websites.

I think it is impossible to ignore one special site’s font sizes by IE settings.

If you really want to change a special website’s font sizes, I’m afraid you need to modify the website’s codes. You could ask our MSDN forum for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:47 AM