none
MS Project getting Unknown error while Run Visual Report - Urgent support needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Our All the customer having issue with MS Project 2010 Pro. they try to Run the Visual Report from Project and getting below error.

"An error occurred and the requested Action could not completed at this time"

Can some one help on this issue to resolve it. Urgent support needed

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Amol

Monday, December 5, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• Amol,

This issue has been raised multiple times since Project 2010 was released and I don't know that it was ever totally resolved. However, the first thing to do is make sure Project 2010 is fully updated with the latest cumulative update, which is November 2016 (version 14.0.7176.5000). If you do not know or are not sure, run Windows Update.

If Project 2010 is fully updated, take a look at the following thread, many possible fixes are noted:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4f5c1ca-4364-4387-9356-b9ada9ab3755/ms-project-2010-visual-reports-in-excel?forum=projectprofessional2010general

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, December 5, 2016 5:33 PM
  • Hi All,

Tried below stepts mentioned in the article but no luck

same issue......

Any other solution for this issue??

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Amol,

Did you check to insure you have the latest update for Project 2010? You only said you tried the steps in the article but no detail on which steps those were.

I use Project 2010 Pro. A few years back I got the same error message frequently. I rarely use Visual Reports as I prefer VBA but for the few times I have used Visual Reports recently, I have not seen the error.

I'm not sure if it matters but what version of Office and Windows are you using?

John

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:15 PM
  • Hi John,

Sorry i forgot to mention that things.

We are using Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 and Office Standard 2010, and MS Project Pro 2010 v 14.0.7173.5000.

Also did run the Office and Project using "Windows Update" but same Version showing and it is showing up to date.

Still same issue.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 2:40 PM
  • Amol,

Actually the version number you listed is not the Project version, it's the Office version. To see the Project version go to Tile > Help and click on the "Additional version and copyright information" in the middle on the right side of the screen. It's not a button but you can click on it. At the top of the About Project window you should see the following

The first number is the Project version, the second number is the Microsoft Office (MSO) version.

What language version of Project are you using?

John

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:45 PM