Magnifier - Smooth filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I wonder if there is some way to add a smooth filter for Windows Magnifier? I tried some 3rd party programs but the fps is capped so when I move around the movement is choppy, while Windows Magnifier isn't.

This would apply to Photo Viewer aswell but I found a great 3rd party program Inzomia Viewer so I could care less.

I discovered that the image gets smooth if you move the magnify tools over the picture, I show with a screenshot.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/227/magnify.jpg

You can easily compare the 'O' in Micro and soft for some difference.

Saturday, June 4, 2011 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi tywald,

Thanks for the post!

When you use Magnifier on a low pixels picture, it will lower the picture quality.

The reason you felt the 'O' seems different is that the transparent window effect that letter, kind of coverring the letter.

The Magnifier cannot help you ehance the quality of the picture, just give you a larger one.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 10, 2011 9:50 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi tywald,

Thanks for the post!

When you use Magnifier on a low pixels picture, it will lower the picture quality.

The reason you felt the 'O' seems different is that the transparent window effect that letter, kind of coverring the letter.

The Magnifier cannot help you ehance the quality of the picture, just give you a larger one.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, June 10, 2011 9:50 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply!

I see, that's unfortunate. Will this however might be considered to be added?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:46 PM
  • You can use a large, high pixels picture as your background if you want it to be clear under magnifier.

The magnifier is just a tool, it cannot enchance the picture quality. Maybe in the futher there might be a tool can magnify, at the same time, enchance the quality.

Regards,

Miya

Thursday, June 9, 2011 10:01 AM