Authenticator app repeatedly asks for screen lock password RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm trying to log on to a site requiring my Microsoft account (live, Skype, etc) I get the notification on the phone, I choose the correct 2 digit code, then I get prompted for the screen lock code.  Whether I punch in the code or use my fingerprint, it just repeatedly asks for the screen unlock code again.

Thanks,

Brian J

Sunday, January 28, 2018 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi

Based on my knowledge, this is  a design behavior.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 8:31 AM
  • The screen lock code is the password that unlocks your android phone (I've never used an iPhone.) when you have turned it off and now have turned it back on.  You can't get into the phone until you enter it or use your fingerprint.
    Friday, September 7, 2018 5:56 PM
  • I don't think Brian misunderstands the app's instructions. This issue is similar to this other (resolved) issue and I've reported it on this forum. Apparently a phone restart sometimes fixes the issue.

Would really like to know if anyone's found other resolutions to this issue, since restarting my phone didn't work for me.  

• Edited by pkqa Monday, September 10, 2018 12:05 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 12:05 PM
  • Today I have had this issue and it really was a pain it required me to enter my screen lock code and every time I entered my code it would automatically make the status on the computer change to timed out.. no matter what i typed .. but it didn't want the screen lock code from my android oh no.. it wanted my screen lock code to be entered on the original device i ever installed the authenticator app on and that was a iPad from a few years back. 

So once I put my screen lock code on my ipad it then changed my screen on my android and asked for my screen lock code on their and I put in my screen lock pin and it finally cleared ..

The iPad has the authenticator app on but it doesn't have the account of what i was authenticating into listed. So i am confused why it required me to go back to the original device, what's the connection  

Friday, November 13, 2020 2:03 PM