Hide Netbios Name from Login Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have been able to use NoDomainUI registry key in XP so that to hide Netbios name of the domain.

There is no corresponding key or technique in windows 7 ? Any way so that Domain Netbios Name can be hidden from users.

Shahid Roofi
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 10:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• Are you referring to the system name, such as "SmithPC\JDoe"?

If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Yes. In case of Domain it is the NetBIOS name. We want to hide it
    Shahid Roofi
    Saturday, January 8, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research and tests, it is hard to hide Netbios name or Domain name form login screen in Windows 7. It’s seems by design.

These threads maybe helpful to you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverDS/thread/b49aad3c-9aab-46ff-af5c-b548e2e8f103

http://windows.bigresource.com/Track/windows7-xlKcxrTo/

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

Since it impossible to hide Netbios form login screen, I will mark my reply as an answer.It could help other communities here who have the same issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo Huang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

Since it’s impossible to hide Netbios name form login screen, I will mark my reply as an answer. It could help other communities here who have the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:52 AM