none
Galsync Cross Forest Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 - AddressListMembership' is on a read-only object RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are setting up for a cross forest migration, with Exchange 2010 in the old forest and exchange 2013 in the new Forest.   I have setup galsync using FIM 2010 R2 Sp1.  I am using the default Management Agents with no modifications.   When syncing mail enabled users from the Exchange 2013 forest back as contacts to the Exchange 2010 forest I am getting an error for each account.   After every export run of the management agent a duplicate contact is being created.  This is holding up the migration and I have not found anything online except this forum post, which does not explain how to resolve the issue in any detail.

Forum Post

This is the error I am getting in the event log, it is an "ma-extension-error"

"The property 'AddressListMembership' is on a read-only object and can't be modified"

Supposedly there is some sort of way to hardcode the exchange version to 2010, instead of 2013, which resolves this issue. I assume it is a hack or workaround, but I am quite perplexed why there is no info from MS about this. 

If someone could give me detailed instructions on how to get around this problem I would be most appreciative.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:49 PM

All replies

• Well the first thing I would try is making certain to use the latest version: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3022704/en-us this does have a fix for Galsync with Exchange 2013 that may or may not fix your problem:

Issue 1

When the Active Directory global address list (GALSync) management agent is used against an Active Directory forest that hosts Exchange Server 2013, the GALSync solution does not generate the correct value for the msExchVersion attribute.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:44 PM