Covert-CcIsoToVhdx failed Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition (CCE) 2.0.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to create the Base VHDX from windows Server iso image.When Connected and checked the Temporary VM Created by the Convert-CcIsoToVhdx, it is showing "No images are available".
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your Suggestion and support....

I found the issue with the ISO image which i was using..

I was using Windows Server 2012 R2 Evaluation version which is downloaded from Microsoft Evaluation center.

CCE will not support evaluation version of windows Server 2012 R2 for creating VHDX.

I have downloaded the image from Volume Licensing portal....It start working....

One more thing i have noted, CCE will create Vhdx only with Standard edition.

Once again i really appreciate all guys who provided the support to resolve my issue. 

Thanks,

Sudheesh Surendran

Sudheesh Surendran

• Marked as answer by TechSudhi Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Do i have to use the ISO image with only Standard version or can be use ISO image with multiple version (both Standard and Datacenter in one ISO)?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:07 PM
  • Deleted
    • Marked as answer by TechSudhi Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:24 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TechSudhi Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:52 PM
  • Do i have to use the ISO image with only Standard version or can be use ISO image with multiple version (both Standard and Datacenter in one ISO)?

For the virtual machinesA Windows Server 2012 R2 ISO (English) image (.iso). So either standard or datacenter should be ok.

But for the host machineCloud Connector VMs must be deployed on dedicated hardware running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter edition (English) with the Hyper-V role enabled.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 4, 2017 12:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your Suggestion and support....

I found the issue with the ISO image which i was using..

I was using Windows Server 2012 R2 Evaluation version which is downloaded from Microsoft Evaluation center.

CCE will not support evaluation version of windows Server 2012 R2 for creating VHDX.

I have downloaded the image from Volume Licensing portal....It start working....

One more thing i have noted, CCE will create Vhdx only with Standard edition.

Once again i really appreciate all guys who provided the support to resolve my issue. 

Thanks,

Sudheesh Surendran

Sudheesh Surendran

• Marked as answer by TechSudhi Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hi sudheesh,

Thank you for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:34 AM