Address Space Windows Azure Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

somebody could help me?

I'm new on Windows Azure Pack and I' m finding some complexity.

My problem is on address space, so, I can assign the desired address space when I create the machines only.

For example, I have a network with two address spaces, when I create the machine I can choose the address but after create it if I assign a new NIC I cannot assign the right address space. It take the first defined.

It's a bug this?

Thanks

Mario

Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:30 PM

All replies

• Somebody Could help me please?

Have you seen this problem yet?

thanks

Mario

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:23 PM
  • Hello Mario,

This issue should be fixed with Update Rollup 11 for Windows Azure Pack.

• When you create virtual machines (VMs), tenants can select a Virtual Network to associate to the VMs but then can't associate the VMs to a subnet available in the Virtual Network. With this update and Update Rollup 11 for System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator - Service Provider Foundation installed, tenants can select the combination of Virtual Network and associated subnets.

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:52 PM
  • Hello Matej,

thanks for answer.

the problem is not to attach the subnet to VM, but to choose the correct address space like during the deploy. For example, I have a subnet with 4 address space, when you create a new VM you can select the address space like in figure.

Once created the VM and you want to attach or change the network you cannot select the correct address space 'cos display only the subnet and you cannot choose the address space.

It takes the first address space defined.

Update Rollup 11 for Windows Azure Pack I've just installed but not resolves this problem and it's very very blocking.

Thanks

Mario

• Edited by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:09 AM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:39 AM
  • I tried to modify the code over the HTML page too, but this feature seams to be inside a DLL.

Mario

Thursday, June 15, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Can you let us know how is your Logical Network in VMM configured? Do you have multiple network sites or one network site with multiple subnets? Also do you isolate subnets with VLAN's? 

Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Sure,

I have multiple network site, every network site has a vlan defined with a IP Pool, in the picture "VMNetwork_PrivateCloud-vlan-9" is a VM Network defined upon a Logical network defined on Network Site.

In this case I assigned "VMNetwork_PrivateCloud-vlan-9" to tenant.

I tried to change subnet with address space desired from VMM and works fine.

I don't understand 'cos I cannot see once created the VM from WAP.

Thanks

Mario

• Edited by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:31 AM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:29 AM
  • Strange, because this is working for me. Did you also update the System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator - Service Provider Foundation?

Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:50 AM
  • just a moment,

You can assign a desired address space to a VM after created it?

When you attach Network from WAP you can choose the subnet address space?

Can you send me a screenshot?

Thanks

Mario

• Edited by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:20 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:18 PM
  • yes,

the SPF is updated

Mario

Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:31 PM
  • I can assign each desired network site created in logical network.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Thanks but this can I do it too.

From WAP you define address space like in figure

This you can choose when you create the VM but not after created it.

This is when you create a new VM

This is after you created it and you cannot attach or change desired address space

Like see this you cannot choose the address space and so, you cannot attach the right and or desired addressing.

If you attach "Subnet-DEV (in this case), it will set the first address space defined like in the first figure (210.211.0.0) and you cannot change it.

I don't understand 'cos we cannot see the address space like in creation VM (second figure).

Mario

• Edited by Mario Lanno Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:23 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:18 PM
  • You have configured address space through WAP?

Mario

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Yea, have the same problem when I create the address space through WAP. Looks like the only option to add each address space in its own Virtual Network. 

Friday, June 16, 2017 9:14 AM
  • It's strange, because if I understand correctly this should be fixed with Update Rollup 11. You are probably using System Center 2012 R2 right? Because I'm testing this on System Center 2016...

Friday, June 16, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Yes, I'm using SC 2012 R2.

But on 2016 is there's the same problem?

Friday, June 16, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Yes, same problem. I'm testing 2012 R2 now. 

Friday, June 16, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Thanks,

I hope in you!

But if in SC 2016 persist this limited functionality I don't think will be in SC 2012.

Friday, June 16, 2017 10:30 AM
  • Another problem is:

If you deploy a "Standalone Virtual Machine" you can select desired address space, but if you deploy "Virtual Machine Role you cannot select it.

Following the picture

Friday, June 16, 2017 10:49 AM
  • Hi Matej,

any good news?

Mario

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi Mario,

Sorry for waiting, busy days. Unfortunately no good news, same thing with UR12 on System Center 2012 R2.

I noticed this Update Rollup 11 for System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator - Service Provider Foundation:

• The Service Provider Foundation Virtual Machine creation API lets a user pass subnet details. This update enables Tenant portals such as Windows Azure Pack to specify a subnet (or subnets) when you create stand-alone virtual machines from template or disk.

Looks like no option to select an address space to a deployed VM or Virtual Machine Role deployment.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:54 PM
  • Hi Matej,

thanks for all, I think that we could migrate to Azure Stack directly ;-)

Bye

Mario

Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:40 AM