How can we remove IE 11 & install IE 10 on windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,

How can we remove IE 11 & install IE 10 on windows 8.1

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• How can we remove IE 11 & install IE 10 on windows 8.1

You can't.  You can only emulate IE10 with IE11 by various means.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Robert, if you encountered compatibility issue about some websites, then you can use compatibility view settings in IE 11, Tools\Compatiubility view settings, then add the website to the compatibility view list.

and in Windows 8.1 Update 1, you can use IE Enterprise Mode, which allows for seamless swapping of compatibility modes allowing users to browse the web normally

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/04/16/windows-8-1-tips-how-to-enable-enterprise-mode-in-internet-explorer-11.aspx

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rahul81 Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:04 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 1:59 AM
  • I notice people don't even bother saying what's wrong any more.  Even a "hail Mary" (uninstall) doesn't bear fruit.

Microsoft, that should tell you something serious is wrong. 

People have lost confidence that you'll fix anything or that even workarounds could exist for the problems they're having.  You *could* be fixing IE11 to make it work right - and compatibly - instead of listening to your twisted management and trying to further your Metro/Modern agenda.

Rahul81, what's so broken that you want to install IE10?  Maybe someone here can offer a workaround.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Friday, June 20, 2014 10:39 PM
  • i found that i just install Firefox or Google works best for me and skip explore as much as possible.
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:33 AM
  • Dear Noel,

My Application doesn't not support  IE 11 & is not compatible to the application of my organization.

Work Around..

Have found my solution for that. 

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Why not be specific?  Just generally saying it's not compatible doesn't reveal any more information than in your first post.

Have you tried the secret Enterprise Mode?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640687.aspx

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:33 PM