none
unable to ping default gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

1.i am new to hyperv, This is the first virtual machine i am creating. i am having a virtual machine server01 which is perfectly working,  i have created a new virtual machine server02 similar to server01 settings, i.e same VLAN. VM settings of Server01 an Server02 are similar.

Windows Firewall is disabled on Server02 and Server01
    i have disabled network card and enabled.
    checked network card properties of server1 and server02-Client for microsoft networks-Advanced VLAN ID is 0 for both the servers. 
    Default gateway settings, DNS setting are same for both the servers.
    RDP is enabled on Server02
    I was able to join server02 to domain and i can see my domain name on the network card ie(ncpa.cpl) of server02.

The issue is i am not able to ping default gateway from Server02 nor i am able to RDP the server but hostname and ip is resolving when i do nslookup from my jumpserver. experts guide me on this.

2. On VMware we have concept of vmware tools, in hyperv is there anything like this.

• Edited by ItsMe-Roger Friday, August 9, 2019 4:21 PM k
    Friday, August 9, 2019 4:16 PM

Answers

• Based on what you've given us to work with it sounds like the route or vSwitch configurations are invalid, or something problematic about source.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 11, 2019 3:05 AM

All replies

1. An unedited ipconfig /all of both source and target may help.
    2. For windows Hyper-V it is integration services

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 9, 2019 4:26 PM
  • DG, SubnetMasks, DNS are same for both the server when i do ipconfig/all
    Sunday, August 11, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Based on what you've given us to work with it sounds like the route or vSwitch configurations are invalid, or something problematic about source.

Sunday, August 11, 2019 3:05 AM