Clear Cached Passwords RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to clear credentials after logging into Admin share w/o reboot.
    open explorer
    type path into address bar   [\\server\c$]
    answer prompts from admin password [Domain\domain admin][Domain Admin Password]
    check 'tools'-'disconnect network drives'  empty
    goto ie. 'tools'-'Delete browsing history' check to remove everything and hit 'delete' button
    open command prompt 'net use * /delete <enter>'
    files appear no prompt for password

What gives?

Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:35 PM

All replies

• That one you should be able to find in the Credential Store (assuming you're running Pro or higher.)
    Open User Accounts > click 'manage your credentials' (in the left-hand pane.)

IE history and saved passwords have nothing to do with Windows credentials (what you want to delete), although you may will find some IE credentials listed in the Store.

HTH,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 4:36 PM
  • Hi,

I also suspect this behavior may be related to the sessions, please also check the following:

1.    After “open command prompt 'net use * /delete <enter>'”, please reboot the computer and see if you will be prompted to input the credential when access the share again.

2.    Please access the share first, and then go to the side which is connected and run the command “net session” to see if there is a session from your computer. If so, please run the command “net session \\ComputerName /delete” to disconnect this session. On your computer, please try to access the share again to see if you will be asked for credential.

Net session

If you feel the time for automatic disconnecting session is long, you can adjust “autodisconnect” refer to the following method:

How Autodisconnect Works in Windows NT and Windows 2000

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:11 AM
  • No Joy

I RDC'd to the server,
    opened a command window
    'net session <enter>'
    saw a session
    'net session \\ComputerName /delete'
    'net session <enter>'
    saw no sessions

net session \\ComputerName /delete

files appear no prompt for password

Ideas?
    Monday, November 16, 2009 12:32 AM
  • From a command prompt, use

rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Then in the key-manager GUI, select the network share you want to clear credentials for, and click "Delete" button.

Technology Applied
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:09 AM
  • I guess you can try my solution in this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/ced8eab6-87e2-4d20-9d18-7aaf5e9713a3

Delete credentials from control panel first and then remove using net use delete command

Regards
    Ashok J Prakash

If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post.
    If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.

• Proposed as answer by Ashok JP Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:19 PM
  • you can removed saved paasword of network computer or network user, I found a perfact answer on

http://networkingstudy.net/forums/index.php/topic,226.0.html

Rakesh Kumar

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:47 AM