Powershell to determine the notification path an alert takes? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to track the notification path an alert takes if you have the Alert ID?  for example, can I find the subscription that was used to call a command channel if I have only the alert ID?
    ~ Chuck
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:56 PM

Answers

• I think this is not possible (after the notification wa actually sent). Unfortunately.

You can include the Subscription ID into the notification body by the following:

Notification subscription ID generating this message: $MPElement$

I guess you can pass this ID ($MPElement$) as a param to command line channel, if you'd like to.

HTH

• Marked as answer by James.Mindrup Monday, August 1, 2011 3:24 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• I think this is not possible (after the notification wa actually sent). Unfortunately.

You can include the Subscription ID into the notification body by the following:

Notification subscription ID generating this message: $MPElement$

I guess you can pass this ID ($MPElement$) as a param to command line channel, if you'd like to.

HTH

• Marked as answer by James.Mindrup Monday, August 1, 2011 3:24 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 9:30 AM
  • You know, I read that in a post somewhere but wasn't sure how to use it, I just fed '$MPElement$' as a parameter based on your advice and with some work I can pull the usernames of those subscribed to the alert that calls the command channel!

Hooah

~ Chuck
    Monday, August 1, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Pull the subscription Id from the notification and use the following powershell to get the notification that sent the email.

$inID = SubscriptionID

get-notificationsubscription| where {$_.ID -eq $inID}

If you're using a command channel, you should probably trap the subscription ID if you have enough that you may not know what is launching the channel.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:25 PM