none
MAP & SCCM

Question

• Hello,

Current Env:

• Server 2012R2
    • ConfigMgr v1602
    • MAP v9.3
    • All three on a member server, DC is separate.

I have installed MAP.  Configured discovery & plumbed it into SCCM.  After it runs I have so many clients with "Insufficient Data" and I fail to see why.

My SCCM Client Settings are set as such:

After discovery I get this:

Frustrating.

A little help?

MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA.. Gunning for MCSE Cloud | Please visit www.deploymentshare.com | I invite you to follow me on Twitter:@deploymentshare | If I help you solve your issue please mark my reply as the answer.

Friday, April 1, 2016 2:25 PM

All replies

• Firewall issue?
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:06 PM
  • I thought that firewall wouldn't be a problem.  SCCM and MAP are co-existing on the same server.  SCCM has already inventoried the machines and MAP should access the data so that it doesn't have to go out and do WMI queries.  In that respect, the firewall should be irrelevant.  SCCM has all the data it would present as an issue accessing the data within the SCCM database (?).

Jonnie | My blog: www.deploymentshare.com | Twitter: @deploymentshare and @jonniehack

Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:55 PM
  • "Should" is the key word in your text there.
    I would not be surprised that SCCM simply provides a list of all managed devices to be scanned and MAP still executes a WMI call. Have a look at this piece of text from the link bellow in regards to how MAP works with SCCM:

"In the next text boxes, enter the credentials required to access the Configuration Manager WMI provider on the site server you provided. Click Next. 

Next, choose which method to use for providing credentials. If you choose to use the All Computers Credentials option, you will define a set of credentials that the MAP Toolkit will use to access the computers you plan to inventory. "

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/15086.map-prepare-the-environment-adds-and-sccm.aspx

Friday, April 29, 2016 5:52 PM
  • Thanks for the information.  If that's the case I don't really see how this 'saves' network traffic.  I recently watched a video on a well known IT Learning website and in that the video clearly states this 'integration' is to save network traffic.

If SCCM is only providing the computer names to MAP and then MAP is still invoking the WMI call on the PC's individually, then why would you use this option over just using WMI?  It makes no sense.  Is there anyone on the MAP team able to clear this up?

SCCM has already done the hard work, the SCCM client has already audited the hardware of the machines and fed the information back to the SCCM database, why cant MAP tap into that data and negate the need for a WMI procedure on each machine?

*confused face*

Jonnie | My blog: www.deploymentshare.com | Twitter: @deploymentshare and @jonniehack

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:49 PM