SfB 2015 - Screen sharing will disconnect if control is not given RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Both of the Front End and Edge servers are on  CU6. The issue is that screen sharing will disconnect after a few seconds if control is not given to the other parties.

Once control is given, the screen sharing will remain stable.

Have anyone face the same issue? Looking forward to a solution.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

According to your description, I want to confirm the questions below with you:
    Do all users have this issue? 
    Does this issue occur in the internal environment or the external environment?

Based on my experience, you could follow the steps below to check this issue:
    1. Check whether any Event error shows in the FE Server when this issue occurred, if has, you could provide the Event ID and error to us.
    2. Check the ports about Web server component are opened, you could refer to the following document:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/network-requirements/ports-and-protocols 
    3. Try to use the latest version of Skype for Business client, and check whether this issue occur again.
    4. If all above are fine, you could try to reinstall the Web Components on the SFB Server 2015 in the right time. About how to reinstall the Web Components, you could refer to the following blog:
    http://i-evgeny.blogspot.com/2014/02/reinstall-web-components-on-lync-2013.html 

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regard,
    Evan

Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Hi Ivan,

So far, a coupe of the users are facing this issue if control is not given during the screen sharing session.

Q1. Diagnostic ID 32 

Q2. All ports are fine

I added these 2 registry keys to use RDP protocol and so far it was working in my testing.

Any idea?

Thursday, July 26, 2018 5:36 AM
  • Hi Tony,

I did some research, Event ID 32 seems the Windows Server issue, it may not relate to this issue. According to your description, you added 2 registry keys to use RDP protocol and based on your testing, this issue now does not occur again. Could you share which 2 registry keys you are added and then it will help more users who have the similar issues.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:03 AM
  • https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/skypeforbusiness/314-black-or-frozen-screen-during-screensharing-in-skype-for-business-2016.html

The funny part is once you gave the control to one of the participant, the screen sharing session will be stable and no disconnection.

• Edited by t_tshun Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:22 AM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:13 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for your sharing. According to the blog you provided, this is the way to fix some screen sharing issue. For your issue, you have tested in your environment and now the client works fine, the way also works for this scenario, thanks again for your shaing. 
    In addition, we also suggest you could try to update the Skype for Business client to the latest version at first, as the latest version may fix some bugs, you could download the latest version from the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn788954?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

Best Regard,
    Evan
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:13 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 9:13 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Best Regard,

Evan

Monday, July 30, 2018 1:24 AM