none
Project Online - Project Create is failing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a demo O365 environment and have created 2 pwa instances populated with MS demo data. One instance is Sharepoint Permissions mode and the other Project Permissions mode. A problem occurs when creating a new project in PWA - the screen does not build correctly it displays "Create a new Project" form title, but no actual form) for the SP permission instance, but it behaves fine for PS permission instance (displays PDP form).
    I thought the problem might be browser related (IE11\Windows 8.1) as I had previously had success with IE11\Windows 7), but also tried Chrome with same result. I also tried flipping permission settings which seemed to suggest the issue was related to this setting but having gone back and forth a couple of times I am not sure.

Any thoughts?

Mike Mahoney

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul

I raised a ticket and got an very quick response (so impressed). There is a bug but not related to permissions or browsers. I am not sure whether it affects both online and on premise but it can easily catch you out. The demo data supplied by MS contains a number of EPT's. On my failing instance I had modified one EPT - see below. I added a second line to the EPT description field. Do not do this as it causes Project New to fail for any EPT! Who'd have thought.

Mike Mahoney

• Marked as answer by Sleekstone Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

I am not aware of any issues currently, I would suggest you raise a ticket via your Office 365 tenant support page giving all the details there. The response time is pretty quick from Microsoft. :)

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:45 AM
  • Hi Paul

I raised a ticket and got an very quick response (so impressed). There is a bug but not related to permissions or browsers. I am not sure whether it affects both online and on premise but it can easily catch you out. The demo data supplied by MS contains a number of EPT's. On my failing instance I had modified one EPT - see below. I added a second line to the EPT description field. Do not do this as it causes Project New to fail for any EPT! Who'd have thought.

Mike Mahoney

• Marked as answer by Sleekstone Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:58 AM