Enterprise Custom Fields not visible when I Save As File RRS feed

• Question

• I maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) on Project Server. In order to deliver this IMS to our customer, I do a File --> Save As an .mpp file. However, when the customer receives the schedule (in an email attachment), the Enterprise Custom Fields appear blank (no column heading and no data in the schedule).  What's happening and how can I remedy this? The Enterprise Custom Fields have valuable data that our customer needs to see and use.

Thanks!
    Kristi

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

• Please note if any Enterprise project plan MPP is opened up in local mode(disconnected to project server instance) of project professional,all the Enterprise Custom Fields having value from LookUp table will be null valued,only the custom fields where value is user entered will be available in local copy of MPP.

So check if all those Enterprise Custom Fields which appear blank to customer would be having value from Enterprise Lookup Table and this is tool behavior by design.To further validate,check those custom fields where value is entered by plan owner would be definitely having values when MPP is opened up by customer.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Ashish Tyagi,MCTS Project Server

Mark as answer if it helps

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:37 PM