Hyper-V Replica Certificate Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Today I wanted to install Hyper-V Replica using self-signed certificates.

I followed a tutorial which has worked two times before.

This time I received an error:

Additional info:

• Hostname: ws-dr.ws-dr.local
    • Certificate is created with CN=ws-dr.ws-dr.local. I can also ping from my other VM to the IP-address and FQDN.
    • The certificate is created and used on the Replication Server.

I re-installed the machine several times, but the problem still appears.

Google only shows a few hits and is not showing any possible solutions. Maybe someone on this forum knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

ps, the tutorial I followed can be found here: http://jsmcomputers.biz/wp/?p=360

Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Solution for this is to use CA to generate certificate insted of makecert command. First is to add dns suffix and if your hyper-v (I guess that servers are in workgroup) name is HV01 and dns suffix info.com so you cert name should be hv01.info.com and on another server hv02.info.com

I also had same problem but when I generate cert with CA it worked like charm. Important when you creating cert that you have Client and Server authentication.

• Edited by Nedim Mehic Monday, June 17, 2013 9:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Majestik.NL Monday, June 17, 2013 11:14 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 8:54 AM
  • I fixed the problem. Thanks Ultra_cool, adding the DNS Prefix in Computer Name fixed the problem. I needed to generate a new certificate using Certutil and everything seems fixed right now.

Thanks again!

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Ultra_cool!

Thanks for you reply. 

Do you have a step-by-step tutorial for this? I really need it since a Proof-of-Concept is this friday. Thanks in advance!

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:51 AM
  • I fixed the problem. Thanks Ultra_cool, adding the DNS Prefix in Computer Name fixed the problem. I needed to generate a new certificate using Certutil and everything seems fixed right now.

Thanks again!

Monday, June 17, 2013 11:14 AM