Disabling the fading of the open/close icons in the navigation pane tree in Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I really hate the fact that the open/close icons disappear when you do not hover them. Is there a setting to disable that behavior?

Thank you in advance.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:00 PM

Answers

• I'm afraid it is designed how it should be. Perhaps you will prefer to check "Automatically expand to current folder" in Tools==> Folder Options==>General==>Navigation Panel.

Best Regards
    Dale
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, October 30, 2009 9:27 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:53 AM

All replies

• I'm afraid it is designed how it should be. Perhaps you will prefer to check "Automatically expand to current folder" in Tools==> Folder Options==>General==>Navigation Panel.

Best Regards
    Dale
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, October 30, 2009 9:27 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:53 AM
  • Thanks, but as I said in another thread, I move to Directory Opus in which there are plenty of settings.

Microsoft shouldn't disable feature like this without a way to enable it back. I can understand Microsoft changes the defaults settings , but please at least give us a way to modify them back if we are not happy.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Frankly speaking, I suspect that the product developing team made such changes according to our customers' feedbacks. We can't meet each customer's requirement but we'd like to try our best to satisfy you. For your requirement,  I have created and will pursue a Design Change Request with our product group for this issue and I believe our product group will take this functionality requirements into consideration. Also, if you want, you are always welcome to add your feedback as a Microsoft partner to make Microsoft products easier and more powerful to use.

Best Regards
    Dale

Friday, October 30, 2009 4:17 AM
  • Thanks for the help Dale.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:16 AM
  • Frankly speaking, I suspect that the product developing team made such changes according to our customers' feedbacks. We can't meet each customer's requirement but we'd like to try our best to satisfy you. For your requirement,  I have created and will pursue a Design Change Request with our product group for this issue and I believe our product group will take this functionality requirements into consideration. Also, if you want, you are always welcome to add your feedback as a Microsoft partner to make Microsoft products easier and more powerful to use.

Best Regards
    Dale

Any progress on that? I need this yesterday :) Using windows 7 64bit (non SP1 yet)
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16 AM