none
Cannot create AD MA: Import attribute error: 'ExpectedRuleEntry' no longer included... RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating an AD management agent within the Synchronization Service Manager and when clicking past the Configure Attribute Flow I get an error stating...Import Attribute Flow validation error: 'ExpectedRuleEntry' is no longer included in the list of selected object classes.  And indeed, I don't see an object type in the Data source object type list (I see the default container, user, group, etc.).  But it is listed in the top portion of the screen under Data Source Attributes: Object Type: ExpectedRuleEntry.

Odd, no?

I would expect to see the ExpectedRuleEntry as an object type to select during hte previous step, but I don't see it in that list, unless its under some other object name.

• Edited by Osho27 Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:48 AM

All replies

• HI Osho

the strange thing is why are you getting this in the AD management agent? this should be a part of the FIM Management Agent :)

anyway, I recieved a similar error a couple of days ago, which was when i created a custom resource and wanted FIM to sync it. in that case, I had to add three attributes to the object in the MV Designer (which are already there in the MV designer) 1. csObjectID, 2. expectedRulesList, 3. detectedRulesList.

Also check that in the FIM MA the flow is as following

DS Attribute           <- MV Attribute

DetectedRulesList <- detectedRulesList    (Export - Allow Null)

ExpectedRulesList -> expectedRulesList    (Import - Direct)

<dn>                      -> csObjectID    (Import - Direct)

its worth checking if you have removed them from any of the object types (Person, Group etc)

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Thanks Furqan.

Yes,, strange...the AD MA had preconfigured ExpectedRuleList objects populated - however I deleted the MA, restarted the process and those objects were no longer populated, so ??? Can't explain what happened, but cancelling and restarting seems to clear them.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:27 PM