Stuck in 'windows classic logon' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  How do I change windows XP from classic log on to the welcome screen  I

have fast user switching and welcome screen enabled but no luck. 

I heard its logonui.exe so I have made sure the UIhost key in regedit set to it but still no luck. 

I have the logontype set to '1' in regedit which is for the welcome screen not the classic box.

heres what I'm getting:

any ideas?

• Edited by rocklore Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:25 AM

Answers

• Try this : http://www.best2know.info/how-to-change-the-welcomelogin-screen-in-windows-xp-2/

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Can you try using a 3rd party app ? Linke windows blinds

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:17 AM

All replies

• Are you talking about something like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlc84XCofE

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:06 PM
  • Ive tried turning these options off and have 'use the welcome screen' and 'use fast user switching' on but I still get classic logon
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:58 PM
  • Try this : http://www.best2know.info/how-to-change-the-welcomelogin-screen-in-windows-xp-2/

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:54 PM
  • The Logon UI i'm using is from XP is different so I replaced my current one with this but now instead of getting this welcome screen that is different I get classic logon.

It's still called logonui.exe

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Can you try using a 3rd party app ? Linke windows blinds

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:17 AM
  • ill try, it was just o I could change the windows flag logo to an animated one that is in some versions of XP

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:33 PM
  • Yes, please update if you find any other solution to this. :)

• Proposed as answer by antb11 Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaModerator Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:40 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by rocklore Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharmaModerator Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by rocklore Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:27 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

I tried windows blinds but it only changes the theme not the welcome screen.

I am wanting the welcome screen but a different version of (its still by Microsoft)

Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:45 PM