none
FAST query results only disply in FAST Search Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have FAST installed and running without error in a dev environment. However, I am not able to search all search scopes defined outside the FAST Search Center. How can I search other content sources besides the current site? Can I use the Search Box to configure this?

I crawled MOSS 2007 content, and can query the content through the FAST Search Center site. It shows me all the documents, and I can filter etc.

When I go to another site collection on the same farm, and perform the same search, I only get the results from the site collection I am in, and not from the other search scopes defined in FAST. I verified the Search Core Results web part is set to Local FAST Search Results, and still get the same results (just searches current site).

I modified the Search Box web part settings to submit the query to the FAST URL, and the result is also only This sites content. How can I configure to view my MOSS 2007 content sources?

Thanks.

Ricardo Vallecillo
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:37 PM

All replies

• I believe you have to configure the site collection to use the Search Center ->

On the site collection in question, go to Site Actions - Site Settings.

Under Site Collection Administration, there should be a link to "Search Settings" - Click on it.

Select the radio button "Enable Custom Scopes" & enter the URL to your Search Center.

That should be it!

Jason

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 10:41 PM