Folder named 1-Done renamed to Archive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who had a folder called 1-done and it renamed itsself to Archive. Why? It's just a simple question. "Facepalm"

I migrated him to Exchange online a couple weeks ago and enabled online archiving. That's the only change I would think could have triggered this. In his online archive the folder is still named 1-done. Also the archive folder cannot be renamed back to 1-done. Something else strange is when you right click an email and hover over move, the list of folders had 1-done. As soon as I clicked 1-done the next time you looked at the menu it was called Archive.

Thanks,

John

• Edited by jlongjr Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:17 PM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Technically, Outlook won't rename your folders. It could be hard to find out who renamed the folder and why it was renamed, however, you may try to use the MFCMAPI tool to rename the folder to its original name. To do this, please follow:

1. Download MFCMAPI tool here.

2. Double click on it to run, click Session > Logon and choose the profile you are using.

3. Double click on the default data file you are using for your account. 

4. Expand Root - Mailbox (or Root Container)

5. Expand IPM_SUBTREE (or Top of Outlook Data Files)

6. Locate the folder you want to rename. Click on it twice so that you can edit the name. Change the name to what you want.

7. Close the window and return to the main MFCMAPI window. Exit MFCMAPI.

8. Open Outlook and whether the folder name was changed back successfully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:08 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Dear John,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:08 AM