none
How do I disable tool tips on my favorites? RRS feed

• Question

• In my favorites list, when I go to hover over a link, my mouse lags and the system hangs while it loads the tool tip for the favorite. The tool tip that just tells me exactly what the link already says (so useful!). How can I disable these tool tips so my favorites menu is once again usable?
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• My problem is the tooltips severely slow down my cursor when i hover over the favorite link.

Not a problem here?? have you tried in noAddons mode? to rule out third-party software?

(probably your Google toolbar... scraping your favorites... google.com/history to turn off your google online history tracking)

Post to http://answers.Microsoft.com (Help>Online Support)

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:47 PM

All replies

• normally the caption of a 'favorite' is the document title.... if you are seeing the address of the page I/o the document title it must mean that you are not adding <title> tags to your document(s). external.addToFavorites(url, title)

for questions about website development and markup, css and scripting post to the IE Web Development forum.

for consumer questions about IE, select Help>Online Support from the IE menu and follow the prompts for your windows and IE versions.

this forum is for Questions about IEAK and GPO for system administrators and network support.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:17 AM
  • This isn't a dev question. I had a question about using IE. The favorites menu. I want to stop tool tips. This is the IE 8 9 10 forum isn't it?
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:12 AM
  • Hi,

Its for IT Professionals.... System Administrators/Help Desk... those who manage domain networked computers using IEAK/GPO.

Regardless the answer is the same... the tooltip of a 'Favorite' shows the web address... the caption shows the Title of the document...

some websites don't put titles to their documents.... that would explain why you are seeing the url for both the caption and tooltip.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

What's the problem of your IE, the tooltips feature was designed by default. we couldn't make any change of it.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:06 AM
  • But that's not my problem. My problem is the tooltips severely slow down my cursor when i hover over the favorite link. Where is the forum for standard IE usage. This site wasn't clear. Google IE user forum, this is the first result.

I actually am an IT professional, I just do not use IE because I know better. Now I have to and needed to know how to make it usable. What I really wish is this horrible browser just didn't exist, so since that's not going to happen can one of you tell me where to get some help with this piece of garbage?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:59 PM
  • My problem is the tooltips severely slow down my cursor when i hover over the favorite link.

Not a problem here?? have you tried in noAddons mode? to rule out third-party software?

(probably your Google toolbar... scraping your favorites... google.com/history to turn off your google online history tracking)

Post to http://answers.Microsoft.com (Help>Online Support)

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:47 PM