BAM Portal install on Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded to Vista and installed R2. Everything seems to be ok, except that I am unable to configure the BAM Portal and that stops my configuring EDI & AS2. The system complains that the default web site is not valid.

Failed to validate BAM Portal Web Site (BAMPortal)

Additional information:

The BAM Portal website Default Web Site is not valid.

(Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.CfgExtHelper.PortalHelper)

Unknown error (0x80005000) (System.DirectoryServices)

How can I see what's wrong with the web site ?

Monday, June 4, 2007 10:09 AM

Answers

• Richard, if you are interested in using only EDI/AS2, just configure BAM Tools feature of BTS 2006 R2 - you don't need to configure BAM Analysis services and BAM Alerts - just configuring the BAM Primary Import Db and BAM Archive Db would allow you to get past this road block in configuring EDI/AS2 for BTS 2006 R2.

The config log file in your users temp folder might have more information on the failure you are getting for BAM portal.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:17 PM

All replies

• Richard, if you are interested in using only EDI/AS2, just configure BAM Tools feature of BTS 2006 R2 - you don't need to configure BAM Analysis services and BAM Alerts - just configuring the BAM Primary Import Db and BAM Archive Db would allow you to get past this road block in configuring EDI/AS2 for BTS 2006 R2.

The config log file in your users temp folder might have more information on the failure you are getting for BAM portal.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:17 PM
  • I have the same problem.

You have already fixed the problem ?

Monday, December 24, 2007 12:20 PM
  • Sorry, as I only use Vista on my laptop, getting BAM to work in that environment has a low priority and keeps getting postponned.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:40 AM
  • Doesn't the BAM Portal depend on Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS) that is only available on Windows 2003?  I don't think that the BAM Portal will install on a Vista or XP machine using the localhost IIS.

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:27 PM
  • As for BizTalk Server 2006, BAM Portal is based on ASP.NET 2 features and does not depend on WSS anymore.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:59 PM
  • I am running into the same error on Windows server 2008 any pointers?

TITLE: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 Configuration Wizard
    ------------------------------

Failed to validate BAM Portal Web Site (BAMPortal)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp?ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2006&ProdVer=3.6.1404.0&EvtSrc=BAMPortal&EvtID=idsFailedToValidateWebsite

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The BAM Portal website Default Web Site is not valid. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.CfgExtHelper.PortalHelper)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp?ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2006&ProdVer=3.6.1404.0&EvtSrc=Microsoft.BizTalk.Bam.CfgExtHelper.PortalHelper&EvtID=error_InvalidPortal

Unknown error (0x80005000) (System.DirectoryServices)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp?ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2006&ProdVer=3.6.1404.0&EvtSrc=System.DirectoryServices&EvtID

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:00 AM
  •  If the IIS6 Compatibility pack is not installed then installing that should solve the problem:

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> Internet Information Services -> Web Management Tools -> IIS 6 Management Compatibility

Check all under IIS 6 Management compatility and install (I guess Metabase compatibility is the one that is required but check all just in case)
    Monday, March 9, 2009 6:34 AM
  • i have all the IIS 6 options installed and still get that error.
    i've even tried removing the Web Server role, rebooting, reinstalling it with all the IIS 6 options and still get the same exception.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:45 AM
  • Solution above by Talwar works for Windows 7.

Thanks
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Worked for me to great !
    Well0549, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:54 PM
  • II6 management compatibility checks worked for me on Window 7 pro. thanks Talwar
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 2:38 AM
  • Ryan double check the error provided by the red X. I was messing around earlier before I saw the IIS 6 Compat fix and created a BAMAppPool. Anyways the error was that the pool already exisited. I needed to delete the existing pool and then everything worked!

Again this was after the IIS 6 Compatibility was added.

Also to top it off the Application Pool Defaults for IIS must allow 32 bit applications! http://shanecheary.blogspot.com/2009/10/biztalk-bam-installation-failure-on-iis.html

Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Thanks Talwar,

It worked for me as well on windows 7 ultimate.

chalksvj

Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Thank you Talwar. Saved my time. Worked good.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:10 PM