none
Adding multiple ADFS tenants in single ADFS farm RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts....

I am new to ADFS and have a question in my mind as I am in middle of something, so, existing infra details:-

ADDS forest Name :- Demo.xyz.com

ADDS Type:- Single Forest with single domain

ADFS Infra

2X FS servers working fine with NLB

1X WEP server

This ADFS setup is configured to provide HA for workplace by facebook which is one tenant of this ADFS farm which is privind HA for a URL (ex-fs.demo.xyz.com) and working fine.

Now, requirement is that I wanted to add another ADFS tenant (with HA) which will provide a seperate URL (ex- wintc.demo.xyz.com) and many other urls.

Is it possible to achieve it in a single ADFS farm? Or do I need to add multiple ADFS farms in a SINGLE FOREST & SINGLE DOMAIN?

Please provide possible scenarios & steps to achieve this.

Many thanks in advance.......

Friday, October 6, 2017 6:46 AM

All replies

• can someone shed light on it.
    Monday, October 9, 2017 7:54 AM
  • I'm not sure I follow your requirements.

You cannot have multiple federation services hosted on the same ADFS-server/farm.
    If you are going to host multiple federation services you need different machines/farms.

Much like ADDS, where you cannot have 1 DC host multiple domains (what I know of at least).

But you can have multiple federation services within the same ADDS domain, so you can install additional ADFS-servers/farm within the same domain. 

Even though I dont understand why you cannot use your already existing one.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:34 PM