Package Import Error on App-V 5.0 Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a problem with the import from the new Package. When i select a .appv Package from the Network Share cames this Message:

An unexpected error occurred while retrieving AppV package manifest. Windows error code: 1808 - The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or local user account to access this server.

I have installed AppV 5.0 Server on new Server with Windows 2012 R2. Publishing from AppV on Client works normaly. But the import from a Packages doesn't work.

In the Event Logs i found this Error:

Thanks for your help

Friday, January 9, 2015 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Falko

Thanks for your answer. The problem was the following: The Share "PSWD" is a redirection on a VNX Server. Windows 2012 check this and drop this.

The solutions for me: I use the orginal path. This work perfect.

Thanks for you support. Nice Day

• Marked as answer by YvesRamseyer Monday, January 12, 2015 10:29 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2015 10:28 AM

All replies

• Usually the App-V Management IIS application is executed under the context of the 'machine'. If the file share is on the same machine as the App-V server, 'Network Service' has to have Sharing and NTFS read permissions. If the share is on a remote machine, the App-V Management Server's machine AD account (gmos\p1vm000d$) needs read access

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Friday, January 9, 2015 2:03 PM
  • Hello Falko

Thanks for your answer. The problem was the following: The Share "PSWD" is a redirection on a VNX Server. Windows 2012 check this and drop this.

The solutions for me: I use the orginal path. This work perfect.

Thanks for you support. Nice Day

• Marked as answer by YvesRamseyer Monday, January 12, 2015 10:29 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2015 10:28 AM