none
How to automatically level resources without overtime and without changing duration and start date of a task? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

One simple question:

How to automatically level resources

• without overtime
    • without changing duration of the task
    • without changing start date of a task?

Example in the picture: (i am not allowed to insert pictures or links for now) :

You can answer me without seeing the picture. Is not that important to see the picture.

i.imgur.com/pzqrJCw.png (You need to copy-paste in your web browser)

Manually, I need to change for every task the "Task type" setting to "Fixed duration" and manually entering "Worker1[50%];Worker2[50%]" for every task.

Can I do this automatically?

• Edited by Peterx1s1 Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:55 PM

Answers

• Petersx1s1 --

I have bad news for you, my friend.  The built-in leveling tool in Microsoft Project is NOT capable of leveling the way you show in your example.  The built-in leveling tool can only take two possible leveling actions:

• Delay tasks or the resource assignments on tasks
    • Split tasks or the resource assignments on tasks

The software cannot and will not set the Task Type to Fixed Duration and then reduce the Units accordingly, as you show in your screenshot.  You, on the other hand, can take these actions manually, which is what I recommend you do in this situation.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:29 AM

All replies

• Petersx1s1 --

I have bad news for you, my friend.  The built-in leveling tool in Microsoft Project is NOT capable of leveling the way you show in your example.  The built-in leveling tool can only take two possible leveling actions:

• Delay tasks or the resource assignments on tasks
    • Split tasks or the resource assignments on tasks

The software cannot and will not set the Task Type to Fixed Duration and then reduce the Units accordingly, as you show in your screenshot.  You, on the other hand, can take these actions manually, which is what I recommend you do in this situation.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Than I will do this manually...

Thank your for the response.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:30 AM
  • Peterx1s1 --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend.  Since my reply answered your question, would you kindly mark my reply as the solution?  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:31 PM