locked
User Profile is not syncing in a particular site collection RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We have a user who has recently joined our organization, unfortunately while creating the account in AD the last name was created wrongly Ex. Lee, Donald, after it has been noticed and changed the name in to original one Lean, Donald. We have verified in AD, Outlook, SSP, Mysite has the original (Second) name and only one team site (Entire site collection) and its sub site the account still shows the old name Lee, Donald. If we adding the user account into any other sub site on the site collection it reflects the old name. Whatever tasks created/modified by that account shows the old name

    So we understand that there is problem in syncing the profile with that site collection. We tried deleting the user from the site, but it does not resolve the issue. Please share your workarounds if you faced the same issue.


    Regards, Thillai
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:48 AM

Answers

  • HI,

    I have observed this issue in our production environment as well.

    Here are the steps you can follow.

    1. Try adding him in any group this time use his correct name Lean, Donald in the people and group and try to get it resolved. Once added you can remove him.

    2. If the above step does not work then go to allpeople page and remove him from entire site collection and then readd.

    Yoou can check the userinfo table also.

    I hope this will help you out.

    thanks,

    Rahul Rashu

    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:59 AM

All replies

  • HI,

    I have observed this issue in our production environment as well.

    Here are the steps you can follow.

    1. Try adding him in any group this time use his correct name Lean, Donald in the people and group and try to get it resolved. Once added you can remove him.

    2. If the above step does not work then go to allpeople page and remove him from entire site collection and then readd.

    Yoou can check the userinfo table also.

    I hope this will help you out.

    thanks,

    Rahul Rashu

    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:59 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Rahul.

    The first suggestion does not work, Tried the second one and removed the account from the entire site collection manually and then readded now it is working fine, Showing the current (new) name.

    Thanks again


    Regards, Thillai
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:41 PM
  • If AD is fixed with just renaming the AD object, then you might have to use STSADM -o migrateuser

    For more information check http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288467(office.12).aspx

    Thanks

    Ali Salih.

    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:52 PM