none
Project 2013: Report: List the tasks for each "individual" resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wish to list the tasks that have been allocated to each individual. (Resource)

I can partly do this using the Report facilities (Task and Group by resource). BUT it does not group assignments for a resource if that resource is assigned to a task with multiple/other resources. Given that this product is based in Xcel - it would only require the additional functionality of an "in" search ... this really a basic "error/misinformation" in a rather expensive product which I am presently evaluating.

Richard

PLS PLS PLS do correct me if I am wrong.

All I simply want to achieve is a list of the tasks assigned to an individual and sort it by end date or start date .. not much to ask for. Basic really :)

GringoPeruano

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• GringoPeruano,

Have you tried using the Resource Usage view? It lists all assignments by resource. No grouping needed.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:37 PM
  • Project is not based in Excel.  Its closest cousin in the Office Suite is Access.  Project is a relational database with information for Tasks (as seen on the Gantt Chart View), Resources (as seen on the Resource Sheet view) and Assignments - which is the pairing of a resource to a task.  A single task may have multiple assignments (more than one resource working on it) and a single resource may have more than one assignment (working on multiple tasks).  Prasanna is spot on!
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:26 PM