Relying party is out of date due to monitoring errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am getting the X mark on relying party trust, I have only one relying part which is office 365 in cloud.

If I go to properties of relying party trust. I can see the below error details. It was working fine, suddenly we are receiving this error. Also I can see event 168 in event viewer pertaining to this issue.

Relying party is out of date due to monitoring errors

Is this related to Microsoft? which they need to fix. I am able to download the metadata from our ADFS service internally and externally.

Kindly advise with your valuable inputs. Thanks!!

Regards

Afsar

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:28 PM

All replies

• Can you reach the URL of the metadata file of the RP in IE? Can you reach it in PowerShell (Invoke-WebRequest)?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:06 PM
  • Hi 

No I am not able to reach from intranet. Also not able to connect-msolservice to login to tenant.

Please let me know if below syntax is correct to reach using powershell.

(Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "https://test.ms/psc-docs").Links.Href

Regards

Afsar

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 4:19 PM
  • Well if you have no Internet connectivity on the ADFS nodes and have a RP Metadatafile hosted on a server on the Internet, the monitoring will just not work.

You can either configure a connectivity, or if you can't you can disable the monitoring.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:07 PM
  • Thanks Pierre,

The issue is now resolved, we identified there was some issue with internet proxy which was configured on ADFS servers. After correcting it, we are not encountering any more errors. 

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:13 AM