Error Upgrading to 1607 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having an issue upgrading my PCs from 1511 to 1607 using WSUS. I have installed all required updates and followed all appropriate steps found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3159706.  I have put the .esd file type in IIS. The clients are all failing with error code: (Unable to Find Resource:) ReportingEvent.Client.167; Parameters: Feature update to Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, en-us, Retail being reported on the WSUS server. I am running 2012 R2. Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, September 16, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi GRSanchez86,

1. Do you install KB3095113 and KB3159706 before downloading upgrade 1607 into WSUS server? If not, please re-download 1607 upgrade?

2. Please disable the following Policy:

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/store/Turn off the offer to update to the latest version of windows. Then run gpupdate /force in CMD, check if it could work.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 19, 2016 1:46 AM
  • Yes both updates were installed. To ensure everything was correct I deleted all the update files and performed a WSUS reset. I have disabled the policy per your suggestion and will test and advise on the outcome.
    Monday, September 19, 2016 12:30 PM
  • I had the same problem.

if you are in differents domains, try also to add a CNAME record pointing on your WSUS server in the domains not in the same as WSUS. worked for me this morning

Monday, September 19, 2016 1:55 PM
  • All machines are in the same domain.
    Monday, September 19, 2016 3:13 PM
  • I'm having the exact same issue, my WSUS server is set to "Do not store updates locally; computers install from Microsoft Update" in addition to everything else.

The clients in Windows Update report error 0x80244019 (which makes sense since that's basically a 404)

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:57 PM
  • Hi GRSanchez,

Then please try use the IP address of the WSUS server in the URL, check if it could work.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Hi Marc Micalizzi,

If you do not store updates locally, please ensure the WSUS clients can visit Internet, please check your DNS settings.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:13 AM
  • Hi Marc Micalizzi,

If you do not store updates locally, please ensure the WSUS clients can visit Internet, please check your DNS settings.

Best Regards,

Anne

They can, taking the File URI for the esd file from the File Information, the esd file downloads in a browser on each of the clients without issue.

If there was a procedure to manually install an update from an ESD file, it would be an option to use a logon script or group policy to manually install the update, but short of that I'm stuck with this error. 

Also on several of the machines I have managed to get the update to install by checking "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update." on the client PC, but the update doesn't show up on most of them using that option, nor is it viable for a large number of machines
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:35 PM
  • Hi Marc Micalizzi,

>Also on several of the machines I have managed to get the update to install by checking "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update." on the client PC, but the update doesn't show up on most of them using that option, nor is it viable for a large number of machines

It seems your issue can not be solved within few words, in order not to mix up with the original post, and not confuse others reading this post, you may create a new post for yourself, in this way, you may also get better help.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:40 AM
  • Hi GRSanchez86,

Have you got any progress with your issue? Welcome to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:09 AM
  • I ended up rebuilding the entire server, and am in the process of getting WSUS to function properly. Once it is i advise if i can get the upgrade to work properly.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 11:51 AM
  • I'm seeing this same issue, even after rebuilding WSUS server. Did you resolve it?
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Yes, after the WSUS server rebuild all clients were able to successfully update to 1607.  I am now dealing with delivery with updates that just seemed to break....out of nowhere, the joys of WSUS.
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Lucky you. I rebuilt my server and am still experiencing this. Your rebuilt server is still running 2012 R2 (I'm also using 2012 R2)?
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:58 PM
  • Yes I am running 2012 R2. Did you go through all the support articles and follow the manual steps needed in them?
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:18 PM